Start an AHP: Stop Loss, Compliance, and Reinsurance
Stop Loss/Reinsurance and Liability Insurance
Finding competitive stop loss reinsurance is not easy.
- Many Association Health Plans (AHPs) have relied on the same stop loss/reinsurer for years to provide them with the best pricing. They fear that no other insurer will write their risk.
- Stop loss is a big fixed cost and it behooves an AHP to see what else is available.
- We have identified over 12 insurance companies that provide stop loss for Association Health Plans. This means that an AHP will have a choice and competition for its business. Because stop loss is such a large fixed cost, this is key.
- HCP National is the leading AHP stop loss broker in the country, based on written premium.
Having the right liability insurance for your Board, and the AHP itself, is very important.
Few insurance brokers understand Association Health Plans the way HCP National does. We have found that many AHPs have the wrong insurance, poor coverage, or both. We provide:
- Complete written review of your current coverage. We will point out any inadequacies and help you correct it.
- Access to all of the major insurers available.
- Lower premiums, with increased coverage (in most cases).
- AHP Errors and Omissions, Fidelity Bonds, AHP Directors and Officers, Crime Insurance, Cyber Liability and more.
Stop Loss, Compliance, and Liability Insurance
- *Compliance – AHP Specialists National Law Firm will assist with your AHP’s necessary filings with state governments. We have the expert consultants who can navigate the requirements to apply for an AHP approval.
- *Actuarial – An actuarial firm will create pricing and reserving models to set up the Association Health Plan with a sound financial foundation.
- Stop loss reinsurance – After your AHP is formed, it is very difficult for a startup with no claims experience to obtain specific and aggregate stop loss reinsurance; HCP National has the template to solve this problem.
- Liability Coverage – Protecting your Board, and the AHP after you are formed is key to a successful AHP. HCP National offers all the coverages necessary: Errors & Omission, Fiduciary, Directors and Officers, Crime, Cyber Liability, and Bonds.
- *TPA, Business Management, and Networks – We have relationships with several groups who run Association Health Plans. From paying claims to marketing the plans, we have the solutions you need.